Sunday, April 25, 2010

MAC - Give Me Liberty of London Collection

Being a bit of an Anglophile myself, when I heard that MAC was going to be collaborating with the British luxury house Liberty, I was sold!

Liberty & Co. is a department store with the offshoot brand Liberty of London world renowned for their loud and exciting prints and textiles.

Liberty of London must be wanting a revival with the youth because not only did they collaborate with MAC, but they are also collaborating with Target in the US with gorgeous, affordable homewares from the luxury house. Needless to say, that collaboration will not be available in Australia unfortunately.

This collection was launched Australia wide almost 2 weeks ago now and from what I can see in the department stores, is still available unlike their famed Hello Kitty collection last year which sold out during the preview parties!!!

Here is the Australian MAC link to the collection but what I would advise is if you can wait, you may want to order it from Nordstrom's online shop (as they ship international) seeing that the Aussie dollar is almost on par with the greenback. Just pop into a MAC counter, play around with the colours and then go home to order it online. I would not order it from other non-reputable sites as the WWW is littered with fake maquillage, a regular sight I saw in Bangkok!

VERDICT: I was completely sold just by the packaging alone. A white background with bursts of colour does it to me everytime :) I would definitely advise checking it out.



I often just recycle the MAC boxes but for some reason, opted to keep these colourful boxes perhaps to be made into bookmarks in the future. Even the internal aspect of the boxes are printed with colourful flowers.

I also got their large makup bag (A$70) for no other reason other than that I loved the print.




From their makup line, I got the Summer Rose Beauty Powder (A$53), Blooming Lovely lipstick in the Amplified line ($41) and the Birds and Berries eyeshadow in a Veluxe Pearl finish ($37) which I see is already sold out on their online store.


If you aren't familiar with MAC, they offer different lines for their lippies and eyeshadows depending on how much pigmentation they offer and textural finish. The amplified lippies are known to have the most colour pay-off with the veluxe pearl eyeshadows offering the same.

Now, I have to be completely honest in that I only needed the eyeshadow as I do not own a gorgeous teal colour in my collection but the beauty powder was only bought for it's casing and ditto with the lippie! I am planning to de-pot my MAC blotting powder which is the same size into the beauty powder's case so that I get to lug around the gorgeous Liberty case when I am out and about.



Swatches from left to right in sunny rays: Blooming Lovely lipstick, Birds and Berries eyeshadow and Summer Rose beauty powder.


I hear that the Birds and Berries eyeshadow is also completly sold out in Singapore.



The Blooming Lovely lipstick is described as a "creamy, grey, lilac mauve" on their website. It's a really odd colour if you are not used to it and you may run away in shock and horror when you first put it on. But I do not own a colour like this (oh the beauty of starting out with just a humble maquillage collection!) and I have rather red skin undertones which I thought would be balanced out by the blue undertone in the lippie.


Here is my tip (and how I wore it for the picture above):
-Put a coat of lip balm on (amplified lippies are rather creamy heavy).
-Apply the lipstick only to the bottom lip with a heavy-ish hand and then smack your lips together to apply it to your top lip. By doing this, you get a more toned down colour.
-I've also popped a clear glass on top of it.



As you can see, the overall effect is an extremely subtle lovely, girly, pink face, perfect for a sunny afternoon.


Makeup Primer: NARS (non SPF)
Liquid Foundation: Chanel - Mat Lumiere
Pressed Powder : Chanel - Purete Mat (only available outside of Australia as it is part of their whitening line)
Eyeshadow: MAC - All That Glitters
Eyeliner: MAC - Technakohl in Graphblack
Mascara: Rimmel London - Glam Eyes
Eyebrows: Shu Uemura - pencil in Seal Brown
Cheeks: MAC beauty powder - Summer Rose (Give me LOL Collection)
Lips: MAC - Blooming Lovely (Give me LOL collection)
Lipgloss: Manicure - Sunday Morning clear lipgloss

2 comments:

  1. MAC is on my list of "Things to Checkout" for my s'pore trip in June, can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makeup in Singapore is soooo much cheaper that Australia hands down. If you can wait till then, by all means!

    I used to only purchase makeup and skincare when I went back too but as you can see, all is lost. I haven't gone back in awhile and really am overdue! I wanna go back too! :):)

    ReplyDelete