Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Benefit's 10 - Good Introductor to Bronzers & Highlighters

I have been sitting on this review for more than 2 months now but I think I can bear it no longer.

I finally gave in and got myself one of Benfit's famed boxed powders. So well recognised are their powders that I remember walking through Selfridges' stark white beauty hall in London a good 6 years ago now, debating whether to get their lovely boxed Georgia powder.

But then, I had no idea about makeup. You see, I am a late bloomer to makeup. But I suppose that is a good thing - I can make up for all my teenage and 20-something years of sans makeup now! :):)

Anyways, back to Benefit's 10. It is a bronzer and highlighter in one. And I think it is a brilliant introduction to how to use a bronzer to contour your face and give you those faked high cheekbones.

I scoured You Tube and found this brilliant short video on how to use it. The most startling thing is how you can actually see the powder contour her face!

VERDICT: 8/10 I think this is a simple, no-fuss powder that performs brilliantly as a bronzer and highlighter in 1. Once you've mastered the art of contouring with a bronzer, you can ditch the brush that it comes with and use your own blusher brush. But for a no brainer, quick application, I still use the brush it came with for a quick sweep of colour.

Just so that you know, it is slighly on the shimmery side but even on my oily skin (so oily, even BP would have trouble cleaning up my oil slick!), the powder looks really nice and I love how it gives an overall pop of dimension to an otherwise "flat", 1-D face post-foundation application.


















No comments:

Post a Comment