Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lights! Camera! Smashbox is in town!

Once again, I was taking the short cut through Myer last Friday night and the scene below immediately caught my eye.

Smashbox has come to town!

If you don't know already, Smashbox is a line of makeup from the 2 great grandsons of Max Factor, Dean and Davis Factor. Originally starting out as a photo studio, they eventually branched out into their own line of makeup catering specially for photoshoots.

Now I must admit, I do not own a single Max Factor product. Hang on, I do. A free Max Factor mascara I see lurking at the back of my makeup drawer from last year which I've yet to crank open!!!

I do not have enough experience with Smashbox products to give a verdict/review and the make up community of You Tube world hasn't really gone viral over it either.

But I do know that it does make the cult product Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. There have been mixed reviews on it with some ladies claiming it to be absolutely amazing with others saying it broke them out. I managed to get some tested on my hand. It had an odd oily feeling to start of with but then suddenly it transformed into this amazing smooth texture, perfect for filling in those awful pores and smoothing out fine facial lines. To be honest, I was a bit surprised by it and will ask for a sample (I am in the midst of testing out a ka-zillion makeup primers for you ladies out there!!!). Here is a good introduction video from the Smasbox official website on their SEVEN makeup primers.

I think I will let the hype settle down and then perhaps meander back to Kit Cosmetics (who brought Smashbox to town) for a more detailed play around.

Any other ladies have thoughts about Smashbox products? Would love to hear them!



Smashbox at Myer, Bourke St Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment