Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bourjois Makeup

I must admit now that my maquillage collection is painfully anaemic when it comes to drugstore brands.

The only thing I swear by from drugstores are Loreal mascaras (I've recently added Rimmel to that list - their Glam Eyes mascara is amazing!).

I am sure some drugstore maquillage perform just as well if not better than their more expensive beauty hall counterparts. In fact, the only reason why we are paying close to A$80 for a NARS eyeshadow duo (reviews coming up soon, I promise) is because these companies spend so much on marketing.

But I was taking a short cut through a Priceline pharmacy last year and normally, I do not pay attention to any of the makeup counters there but the little pots below caught my eye.

They were from the Bourjois Paris Rendez-vous a Paris Limited Edition. What Bourjois tends to do is to revamp their permanent line with cute but limited packaging. And guess what, this gal got sucked in big time! I simply could not pass up such Parisien icons.


If you didn't already know but Bourjois is a French makeup company that was founded in the 1860s in Paris by a French perfumier, Alexander Bourjois. He came up with the original concept of the Little Round Pots that Bourjois is famous for.

The other thing that you may not know is that Chanel apparently is their sister company!! Just like Estee Lauder owns MAC, the rumour is that Bourjois's makeup is made in the same factory as Chanel. Either way, the Made In France stamp is clearly printed in capital letters on the bottom of my Little Round Pots.

I haven't tried all of Bourjois's makeup line but for a drugstore brand, I have to say, they are pretty alright.

Check out Bourjois's official website as they have some cute makeup tutorials. Additionally, you can also check out their latest Pretty Paris Spring 2010 Limited Edition collection (on their France website) which I don't think Australia will get because well, we are in the middle of Winter!

Also, Myer Chadstone in Melbourne and Pitt St in Sydney have started stocking Bourjois.

And finally, if you are interested in making your first makeup drugstore purchase, Priceline is having a 50% sale of Bourjois makeup from the 27th of May 2010 till 7th of June 2010!!!!! Don't say I don't luv chu ladies!!! :):)



These came from the Limited Edition but the colours are from their current permanent collection. Wouldn't you get sucked in too what with places like Rue Honore, the Eiffel and Arc de Triomphe on your makeup boxes??





The 2 at the back are eyeshadows (Beige Rose on your left, and Blanc Diaphane on your right). The shimmery pot in front is a blush (Rose D'or) which I really love for it's gorgeous rose smell. You can smell it when you put it on and it makes you feel so girly which I love!


A word of caution, their blushes are baked so I've read on the Internet that some ladies have complained that they can acquire a hard surface. Thus explaining the dent on my Beige Rose eyeshadow. I thought I had already reached pan on it (I used it everyday as my all over lid colour for work) as I was not getting a lot of product after using it almost daily for 4 months. So I dug into it with my tweezers to make sure there was still product left.










2 comments:

  1. Oh! Thanks for the heads up! I'll be at Priceline this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lurve Bourjois! I've been using their blush for years! the next color i'm trying is the Lilac D'Or...

    ReplyDelete